Love has always been the most important business of life.
--- Anonymous

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

School's Out For The Summer!

Yesterday I couldn't find my camera, when A.J., Baby H. and I went to the aquarium.  But I took mental pictures:

  • The baby's happy fascination, once we took him out of the stroller, with moon jellies, penguins, coral, sharks, seahorses and fish that were right in his face on the other side of the glass.
  • A.J. working up the courage to touch the stingrays in the petting-pool.
  • The baby's bare feet in the petting-pool
  • A.J. working up the courage to touch the electric eel - mimicking buttons
  • The baby's interest in all the bird sounds; when you pushed buttons you heard different Utah bird calls.
  • A.J. not being able to decide between two tiny toys at the aquarium gift shop because both of them were telling him with their big eyes, he said, "pick me, pick me".
  • Going grocery shopping with a tired, cranky baby:  A.J. raced with him in the shopping cart and fed him pieces of animal crackers to keep him from screeching
  • Telling A.J. stories as he lay in bed in the dark, after prayers.  And him telling me that that story was dumb and creepy; tell me another.  Next morning, he showed me he'd illustrated my story, with a 6 page book, (not the creepy and dumb one; the other story). 
Today, I found the camera.  So this is what we did:

    Nine month old toes
    A.J. contemplates his path
    The baby slept for most of the hike in this position
    
    Baby's first meeting with a horse
     
    I wish I could record the way the water sounded.
     
    Sprimmer - half spring, half summer
     
    More gorgeous sprimmertime scenery
    
    As green as Scotland
    This isn't a more loving and caring child anywhere
    
    Today, at nine months old, Baby H. did his first crawl.  It was in pursuit of a cell phone with ring tones going off.
    
    My dear friend, her little dandilion-blowing girl, and A.J.
    A.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Blog