Love has always been the most important business of life.
--- Anonymous

Friday, February 04, 2011

Thursday with the Deer

The deer saga continues.  Here are some photos of them, walking across our yard to get the deer chow. 

 You can see how the Mamma is limping below.  Her left foreleg bends the wrong way.
                                                 
So, I bought more deer chow for them.  I also had A.J. run out there to place a bowl full of celery and a dozen beautiful but wilting red roses which my dear D.H. gave me last weekend.


They love eating our tulip bulbs every year, so I am assuming roses are fine, too.  (We eat rose petals ourselves, just for fun, so I know they are edible.)  I hope the deer keep coming back, but I also hope they don't tell their whole herd where to go to get free food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Blog