Love has always been the most important business of life.
--- Anonymous

Monday, August 22, 2011

The Job Hunt

Well, DH lost his job.  The big boss in Vermont told him he could either move to Vermont with a pay raise, or be fired.  Lovely.  Since we have a blended family, and taking the kids away from their other parents is not okay, we cannot move.  Nor would we.  The big boss is a fickle, tyrannical, non-listener, a bullheaded leader who trusts little, and therefore is not trusted by others. 

We've been job hunting.  Some days, I feel fine, laugh, smile, and see it all as a big adventure.  Other days, my stomach is uneasy, I am sleepless, nervous, and spend a lot of time searching for jobs-- not only for DH, but also for me.  I've gone on two interviews, but I've been halfhearted.  I don't want to leave the baby with a babysitter to work.  I'll do it if it's the only way we can buy groceries and pay for our house, but I don't want to.  At what point should I do it?  I guess I'll leave that up to DH. 

Funny how certain items you used to think were essentials now become optionals when you are shopping.  Funny how everything doesn't cost money, and a lot of things can be done on a shoestring.  Funny how you count your blessings more when you lose a couple of the staples.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Blog