Love has always been the most important business of life.
--- Anonymous

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Swedish Pancakes Recipe


Svenska Pannkakor

You can find a lot of recipes for Swedish Pancakes online.  You should probably read them and ignore this one.

My mother could not give me her recipe, although she's been making me Swedish pancakes my whole life. 

She just says, "a little flour, about the same amount of milk or water, and some eggs.  Just see if it seems about right and then add a little of what is missing."  That's her recipe.

Then she insists on using real butter in the frying pan, very hot, and pour in the batter and turn the pancakes when they start to bubble.  Hers turn out.

By this method, however, I have succeeded in making rubbery ones, burnt ones, crispy ones, fat ones, skinny ones, and even (sometimes) a few delicious ones.  I like the textural variety, myself.

Lots of lingonberry sauce, or cranberry sauce, or lemons and powdered sugar, or raspberries, or strawberries, or vanilla ice cream, or smashed bananas, or cardamom and sugar or cinnamon and sugar or maple syrup on top make it complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Blog