Love has always been the most important business of life.
--- Anonymous

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

What is going on today

I drove C.E. to school today.  I told her she looked like a beautiful modeling princess.  She does.  I hope she is as happy as she is pretty.

A.J. biked with his best friend to school.  They are the cutest little nonstop talkative third graders in the universe, so happy and so bubbling all the time!!!

The baby got his 1 year shots yesterday and did not even flinch or cry for the first three of them.  The last two made him fuss a short while, but no hysterics.  D.H. said, "This is a tough kid. This is why I wanted to name him Thor."

Today I am reorganizing.  I'm putting the cleaning chemicals up high, and the baskets of clean rags, bibs and tablecloths under the kitchen sink.  (The baby broke the baby-proof plastic lock that was on the cabinet.)  I'm also putting his toys in the bottom two shelves of the pantry, throwing out the out-of-date boxes of rice, mashed potatoes, croutons and hot chocolate mix, and putting scissors and other office supplies up high.  It's more mental work than physical, but it makes me feel better.  Sometimes I want to burst into tears about the monumentality of space between what I want this house to look like, and what it looks like.  But first things first:  I'm making it safe before I make it pretty.

I'm mad that kids have to go to school for SO many hours every day.  Wouldn't four hours do?  One for math, one for reading and spelling, one for the arts, and one for science or history, per day.  I think they do a lot of playing and busywork.  And I miss them.

I also miss my husband, and now that he's losing his job and has interviewed for another one that's over an hour away, I'm sad that I'll lose our lovely lunches together, plus two hours a day of drive time, which means 3 hours less per day, or 15 hours less per week.  That hurts!  It makes me consider moving to where the new job will be.  Even though I love this little town, and feel its peacefulness and hear the donkey bray on our block, see the deer coming in the cold months to our yard, see horses, cows, sheep, and llamas sprinkled through the streets of the "city" --and I love it.  I just love it.

My family gave me a kindle for my birthday this week.  I found over 150 free classics on the kindle store, after wading through much muck.  (They don't make it easy to find the freebies, but they are there.)

Quote of the day: "There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil.  The triumph of anything is a matter of organization.  If there are such things as angels, I hope they are organized along the lines of the Mafia."  -Kurt Vonnegut.  (I add:  there are such things as angels, and yes, they are extremely organized.  I am so glad I believe in them.  I am so glad there is a Lord above.  I am so glad that no matter what happens, good will triumph in the end.  Just hang on!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Blog