Love has always been the most important business of life.
--- Anonymous

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

General Conference Weekend

Saturday, C.E. and I went to the giant conference center in Salt Lake City to see the annual young women's general broadcast.  There were tens of thousands of 12-18 year old women and their mothers together there.  Beautiful.

I loved it.

Friday night we're going to Salt Lake City again, to the missionary reunions.  I loved my mission so much and I love hearing from my mission president and his wife.  They are like parents.  My mission president is now a temple sealer, and he married Scott and me in the Timpanogos Temple three years ago. 

He also writes books
prolifically, and they are great.
Christ, Covenants, & Salvation        


I remember being a kid and being soooo bored during the conference talks.  Wow.  I remember it well.  It was torture.

How things change!  Now I bask and I soak in the talks, and wish I could memorize the words.
So, this weekend I am thinking about faith.  You can't just get faith once and that's it for life.   I have to keep living it, probing, pondering, asking, moving forward, practicing, trying, hoping, learning, and feeding my little faith so it becomes mighty some day.  Like a plant, it can wither away if neglected. I have seen it happen to people, and it is sad.  This weekend is our weekend of extreme faith.  Twice a year, at general conference-- I wish it were oftener. 



Saturday and Sunday, for hours, off and on, we'll get  the broadcast from General Conference on the internet or on t.v. or from my sister's house.  My life is better for it and I can't wait.

 So, there's what's on my mind today.

http://lds.org/pages/why-conference-matters?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Blog