Love has always been the most important business of life.
--- Anonymous

Thursday, January 20, 2011

LDS Film Festival

Post of the Day:  http://www.ldsfilmfestival.org/index.php?page=11_friday

I am excited about this year's LDS film festival.  I want to see many of those films.  I just put up this link of what's playing there on Friday, next week. 

I believe in the great, powerful art of films.  Some of my favorite films are actually un-great;  I mean, great in simple ways-- not grandiose, but just shining light on some lovely little thing.

When I was in the Master's program in communications, I got to co-write a research paper on LDS filmmakers.  My partner and I interviewed many talented filmmakers, in person in Utah, and via phone elsewhere, and we got insights that we never shared with anyone, darn us, except with our professor!  Some day I want to add our notes here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Blog