Love has always been the most important business of life.
--- Anonymous

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Kindness

Best little boys

Bathing Brothers

AJ and Baby H

Oh, my sweet little AJ!  Yesterday he suggested that we go out to a restaurant, when he heard I was serving us a "Smorgasbord" (i.e., leftovers) for dinner.  I told him no.  I said I had $19 in my bank account this morning (I neglected to tell him that D.H. was doing an emergency transfer of funds from the other bank account).  So, AJ was setting the table and I was working in the kitchen.  I turned around from the sink and saw three $1 bills on my newly wiped countertop.  AJ is always leaving toys and projects around, so I was a little annoyed.  I asked him to move his money.  He said, "What money?"  I said, "What is this money?  Is it your tithing or something?"  He smiled and didn't want to tell me.  He wanted me to not know who had put it there.  (We were alone in the house with the baby).

I melted.  "Is this for me?" I asked.   He smiled.  I gave him a huge hug and a kiss and thanked him for being so kind.

A few minutes later, we were talking about the school book fair.  "Mamma, can you give me some money for books tomorrow?" he said.  He had already forgotten!  I love that boy so much.

This morning while nursing the baby, I have been listening to general conference.  Here's the link to the mp3 if anyone wants it.     http://lds.org/general-conference/sessions?lang=eng


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Blog