Love has always been the most important business of life.
--- Anonymous

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Pask Buffe - Swedish Easter Buffet



I'm dreaming of a real Swedish Pask-Buffe.  But we are not actually doing that this year. 

Because my extended family is a bunch of intermarried Swedes, Americans, and a Czech, our extended family holidays are a mix of languages, foods, and fun as well.  We love Czech soups and cookies; we love American Barbeques and Muffalettas; we love Swedish treats of all kinds, of course!  Anyway, here's a link I found to a good Swedish Easter smorgasbord, if you are interested:

http://www.cheap-healthy-cooking4u.com/Easterbuffe-smorgasbord.html

If I had unlimited funds and time, I would include these in my dream smorgasbord:


Swedish Bread (Cardamom Bulla)

Pickled herring
Princess Tarta - Marzipan Cream Cake
Bulla


Gravlax - cured salmon (super easy to make!)

Roasted Lamb Steak
But, the fact is, we are doing more American-Czech style tomorrow.  We have planned to have ham, two kinds of potatoes, my sister's famous salad, (recipe on this blog) and fruit salad, (my nod to healthier eating) and rolls and ice cream and Easter chocolates.  I will take pictures and recipes and add them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Blog