Love has always been the most important business of life.
--- Anonymous

Monday, April 18, 2011

Rainy Afternoon



It's raining.  It's just another glorious (--but can I or anyone easily detect that?--) normal, inconsequential day.  My hair is a mess.  I need to go make meatballs and move the laundry.

C.E. is running (6 miles) today, training for her half marathon. A.J. is playing with his friend, T., with the hotwheels tracks and a sleeping bag that they are sliding on, down the stairs.  Baby's napping in his crib.

He got a diaper rash from sitting in the backpack carrier in a wet diaper all day Saturday, but it's going away already.  He is not a complainer.

I am determined to lose ten to fifteen pounds and keep them off for life.  This is tricky because I love to eat and can't prioritize exercising, even though I do like it.  So I have not jogged or walked on the treadmill for many months!  Oh, I have many great excuses:  nursing causes jogging to be chestfully uncomfortable; I am usually tired; I don't have a babysitter and the baby only sometimes enjoys the jogging stroller.  My babysitting daughter's on swim team and is never here; my husband loves me even if I am plump, etc.... yet I want to lose it, I do.

So. Anyway. To keep myself from going crazy with boredom while C.E. watched the baby and I was alone in the icky basement with the treadmill, I picked up this book from booktopia (what we call the plastic bins and overflowing shelves in the basement) today.  D.H. bought the book years ago, before we were together.  Some one recommended it to him, to help him get through his daughter's death and both of his divorces.  (Sigh. Sometimes I cannot believe what that man has been through.  I think it's why he's so humble and gentle and forgiving.)

I read while walking on the treadmill.  I LOVE this book so far.  It will motivate me to keep up the walking on the treadmill, just because it's that good.  It's my kind of stuff.   I will try to post some quotes and tell you why it's so wonderful, but right now I have to go make meatballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Blog