Love has always been the most important business of life.
--- Anonymous

Monday, April 11, 2011

Random Thoughts

My head is spinning around with random thoughts.  I am low on sleep, I guess.

I miss my kids (CE and AJ)  It's spring break, and they are at their dad's for half the week.  I get them on Wednesday.  Since DH ended up having to work this week, we cancelled our plans to go to Moab.  I'm just day-tripping with the kids.  Wednesday will be zoo day.  Thursday, to Antelope Island or Thanksgiving Point.  This summer, we'll have all of our kids for the month of July.  A family of seven.

Right now, the baby's napping.  I am absolutely exhausted and should be napping.  The baby wakes up over and over to come and nurse and then DH or I have to take him back to his crib again.  I need to sleep. But I can't make myself do it.  My to do list is long and I can't relax because I know at any moment he'll wake up. 

Today I took him in the stroller to the grocery store. Love walking outdoors with a baby in a buggy.

Now that my hair's been brownish-blackish all one color for six months, (and blonde for the previous entire lifetime) I finally learned a fantastic secret.  You use mascara on those little gray hairs that pop up between hair dyings.  It works so well.  I'm amazed.

Last night we heard our brother in law performing a glorious 20-minute concerto at his university.  Wow.  He was on grand piano and had a huge orchestra all around him.  It was a thrill.  The baby was stunned and quiet for ten minutes.  Then he started trying to sing along and I had to take him out.

I am making carrot cake muffins today, and a super salad, for a neighborhood family who has a sick mom.  My friend is making the main dish for their dinner.

Some sad things have been happening with many friends.  You name it, it's happening.  Why!?  It drains me to be sad for people --especially when I can not do anything for them.  It drains me to see sad people who don't try to make their lives better, or who don't even try to be honest with themselves.  What a waste of this opportunity of life!  You can't shake people.  What can you do more than pray for them and bake for them?  Honestly.

I think back on sad times in my life, times when good people tried to shake sense into me.  I didn't listen for the most part.  It is a lucky person who is humble enough to listen to the wisdom of the ages instead of bruising his/her own self on the path of experience.  I guess that's what scriptures are for.

I listened to a conference talk called "Hope" today.  It was good.  The speaker said, though, that many of the best ideas in the world get smashed on the reef of good intentions.  Positive intentions are not enough. There has to be action. You have to act on your hope for things.  This made me think.  Do I do what I think I will do someday, or will I never?  What stops me from it?  Will ponder this one for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Blog