Love has always been the most important business of life.
--- Anonymous

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

We Believe In Being Chased*

Yesterday, A.J. dared to mumble "shut up" under his breath (to me) when he was frustrated with my bossing him around.  Whoa.  I reminded him that those are not acceptable words in our home, and that they're close to swear words, when you think about it.  I reminded him that we want to follow the 13th Article of Faith.  He said he couldn't remember it, so I recited it for him. 


He tried to interrupt me when I was seven words into it.  I wouldn't let him. When I was finished, he asked, earnestly, "Why would anyone want to be chased*?" 


I love eight year olds.


* 13th Article of Faith:

"We believe in being honest, true, *chaste, benevolent, virtuous,
and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow
the admonition of Paul - We believe all things, we hope all things,
we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all
things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of  good report or
praiseworthy, we seek after these things."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Blog